Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Renters Eligible For Assistance

FEMA officials want people to know they don't have to be a homeowner to be eligible for federal assistance with temporary housing as well as assistance to replace items that were destroyed by recent tornados. FEMA Public Information Officer Mary Margaret Walker says disaster assistance is for renters, homeowners, and business owners. Small Business Administration loans are also available for renters. Renters can borrow up to $40,000 to replace goods lost, including automobiles.