Pike County Tourism has released the Hatfield McCoy Heritage Days’ revised
schedule of events, that is now available from their office in the Hampton Inn of
, as well as the Southeast Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, located at the Pikeville, KY
Garfield House, also in Downtown
The schedule is available online at Pikeville, KY.
New events added to the schedule include:
• The Hatfields & McCoys Paintball Tournament. Members of the Hatfield and McCoy
families have a paintball shootout in Downtown Pikeville, August 31 beginning at
• The Hatfield McCoy Hawg Trial Motorcycle Show, Saturday, August 31, from the
Main StreetCourthouse to Pike Street. Lineup and registration is open at 10:00
a.m., and judging will be at 4:30 p.m.
• Hatfield McCoy Shootout, featuring a Muscle on Main car show, Sunday, September
1, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.,
Main Street. $1000 Best in Show will be awarded, along
with a 5 foot trophy.
• Muscle on Main Cruise-In, Monday, September 2, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.,
• Hatfield McCoy Ruff, Tuff, Cuss Obstacle Race, Monday, September 2, 8:00 a.m. to
, Pikeville. Bob Amos Park
Also remember that Rodney Atkins will be performing at the Eastern Kentucky Expo
Center, Saturday, August 31, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets available at Appalachian Wireless
Box Office, charge by phone 1-800-745-3000 or ticketmaster.com. Hatfield McCoy tours
will be available Saturday and Sunday, featuring local historian Reed Potter,
beginning at 10:00 a.m. from the Pike County Tourism Office. Gospel music will be
featured on Sunday, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the
. The Carnival Pikeville City Park
will be available Friday, August 30, at 6:00 p.m., and will be featured throughout
the event. With two theatre productions available, a major Geocaching Event, arts,
crafts and food, Hatfield McCoy Heritage Days is a must see event.