Friday, January 31, 2014

Kerosene Heater Starts Fire at Johnson County Business


The quick response of some Johnson County firefighters saved one business yesterday afternoon.

Officials say folks at MCL Excavating in Flat Gap were trying to warm some frozen pipes with a kerosene heater and it caught the floor and a wall on fire.

Four fire departments responded to the scene and were able to put the fire out and save the building.

No one was injured.


It only took the fire departments about two hours to make sure the fire was out.